This position is responsible for participating in the administration of various components of the Bank’s credit risk review processes including but not limited to loan review, fair lending risk analysis, credit risk management reporting, and credit related audit support.
- Evaluate the quality of individual loans within the bank’s portfolio to assist in timely identification of problem loans and support early identification of potential problem loans.
- Analyze financial data and prepare detailed, concise reports for the bank’s use.
- Perform systematic audits of underwriting operations to test adherence to regulatory compliance and credit policy.
- Monitor and report on outstanding retail and commercial construction loans and identifies and reports deficiencies within the construction disbursement process.
- Participate in credit portfolio stress-testing preparation, analysis, and related reporting.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of fair lending activities and results including comparative file reviews.
- Participate in the monitoring of fair lending risk through the utilization of NContracts software.
- Prepare other monthly and quarterly loan reports for the Credit Risk Management Committee and other Bank management committees as directed.
- Cooperate with and provide assistance in the completion of the Bank’s credit-related internal audits and external loan reviews, providing information, guidance, and assistance to employees and/or third parties, as directed.
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements impacting risk management effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements.
- Perform other job- related duties as directed by the Bank’s Senior Credit Risk Officer and/or Chief Risk Officer, as needed.
The minimum required job-related experience needed to demonstrate competence to perform the job is:
- Working knowledge of commercial and consumer credit and/or financial services operations desirable.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet, internal bank software and industry specific applications.
- Ability to learn analytical tools, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with a team.
Education: Four year degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field.
Experience: One to three years of banking or other related field experience preferred.
Skills/ Ability: Organized and detail oriented; Good verbal and written communication skills; Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable service to others; Ability to problem solve and work in a team environment; PC Proficient